Every Day with God: 365 Daily Devos for Girls is a short and sweet daily devotional for young girls. From the day we received it, my 5 year old has been carrying it around both in the house and away from home. She’s tickled pink to have her own daily devotional just like her big sister!
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more details
The recommended age range for this book is 4-7, and this book would be great for a new reader as it isn’t particularly heavy in the text department. My own 5 year old is not really reading yet, and the short pages made it easy to tack on to the end of our bedtime reading routine. We usually do Bible & devotional type learning and reading in the mornings, but I really liked ending our day this way!
Each devotional includes a Bible verse followed by an easily digestible teaching/application of the verse and then a “Thought of the Day” and “Pray Today” section. The book is colourful, and of course illustrated throughout with the fun VeggieTales characters that my kiddos love so much.
The devotional explores various themes including prayer, joy, love, friendship, truth, diligence, patience, forgiveness, and more. At the back of the book are several “Know it by Heart” pages to encourage you to memorize God’s word with your children.
I’m so glad that I now have this little book to share with my middle daughter — and that she is excited to share it with me! I often worry that she is missing out on activities/books/resources that are right at her level because she is always tagging along with her big sister or else left to play with her baby sister. This book is just perfect for her.
What I liked about the VeggieTales Every Day with God devotional:
- Short, age appropriate devotionals suitable for young children
- Easy to discuss and applicable
- Un-dated pages — this is a biggie in my books! How many times have you had a daily devotional, and missed a day or two and had to figure out if you should continue on or skip ahead? Or what to do if you don’t start on January 1st?
What I wasn’t a particularly fond of:
- The abundance of Bible translations/versions used. I counted a total of 16 different versions, some of which are not versions that I’m generally comfortable with in terms of what we consider to be reliable.
- My oldest (8 years) was critical of the “new” styled VeggieTales characters. I honestly didn’t notice a difference (neither did my 5 year old), but I think she gets her “older is better” preferences from her mama!
And now for the really exciting part! I’m pleased to be able to offer one of my readers their own copy of Every Day with God! The book comes in both a girls and a boys version, so you can chose which copy will be right for your little VeggieTales fan!
Disclosure: Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing the prize for this giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post. Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win. Or if you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification