Whether you’re schooling through the holidays or taking an extended break, why not enjoy some Christmas themed art projects with your kids this Christmas season? Celebrate the season with art projects that will decorate your home or even make wonderful gifts for family and friends (or line your recycle bin. Shhh….)!
Add a little fun and creativity to your home this season with these free Christmas-themed art projects. From toddlers to teens, there’s something here for all ages! These tutorials include various art medium & techniques, including drawing, painting, pastels. Even mixed media art is represented as well as a few more “crafty” selections.
Here they are, over 30 FREE Christmas art projects with tutorials:
This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for details.
Christmas Art Projects to Enjoy with Your Children
Art for Kids Hub is my favourite place to go looking for drawing tutorials. They have tons of Christmas themed drawing tutorials including:
5. Mary & Joseph and so much more!
Chalk/Oil Pastel Projects
6. Christmas Lights Art Tutorial
8. Christmas Star Over Bethlehem
10. Christmas Tree in the Snow
12. What’s Under Your Christmas Tree?
14. Christmas Wreath
15. Bringing the Christmas Tree Home
16. Oil Pastel Christmas Tree in a Snowstorm
Acrylic, Tempera & Watercolour Projects
17. Acrylic Birch Tree Canvas Painting
20. Who’s That Knocking on Christmas Eve Art Project
Mixed Media Art Projects
23. Christmas Tree Art Project
24. Joy to the World Christmas Art Project
25. A Child is Born Christmas Art Project
26. Jingle Bells Christmas Art Project
Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
29. Wood Slice String Art Ornaments
31. Light Bulb Christmas Ornaments
32. Popsicle Stick Christmas Ornaments
34. Scrabble Tile Christmas Ornaments
Give the Gift of Art this Christmas with These Wonderful Art Classes:
If the tutorials listed above have whet your children’s appetite for Christmas art, sign up for one of these high-quality classes. My kids especially love video format for their art learning and Alicia from The Masterpiece Society and Nana from ChalkPastel.com both do a wonderful job with their online courses!
You might also like to add this art lesson from Poland for Christmas: The Polish Szopka (https://artachieve.com/art-classes-level-ii/level-ii-art-lesson-13-the-polish-szopka). You’ll also find a lovely nativity lesson on the website.
Hello Alison, I love to design my home and always do experiments with new creative ideas on my home. I was searching for something very unique. Your blog gave me really elegant ideas for home decoration. I loved your awesome tips. Thanks alot for your unique suggestions!!